Penetration Testing Services
What is VAPT?
Vulnerability assessment and penetration testing (VAPT) is an information security testing process/practice to detect underlying security flaws. In VAPT, A vulnerability assessment is a primary stage testing. This method is used to detect the vulnerabilities in an application or network. The second stage is penetration testing where the vulnerabilities found in the vulnerability assessment are detected and exploited to report their outcome.
What is a vulnerability assessment (VA)?
Vulnerability assessment is the first step in the VAPT process. The process of defining, identifying, classifying and prioritize vulnerabilities in the required computer system, application (Web or Mobile) and network infrastructure manual or with the assistance of multiple tools or manually is called vulnerability assessment.
What is penetration testing (PT)?
Penetration testing definition
The process of exploring and exploiting the weakness and vulnerabilities present in your network, web application, mobile application or people. It differs in procedures and process than just performing vulnerability scan against on your network or web and mobile applications. A complete penetration test checks and follows a perspective of an outside intruder or an individual with malicious intent which may not perpetually involve technology, however, access to technical controls by the individual may result in easy exploitation and data compromise of your Intellectual property rights. Upon completion of pen testing, there will be a detailed report /document prepared by our senior cybersecurity specialities. This report will contain all the vulnerabilities of the tested application/ network which could have been taken advantage of and used by the cybercriminals against making your company a target for cyberattack. The vulnerabilities could have been from instance unknown hardware or software flaws, misconfiguration, internal human flaw/ Spy. And therefore necessary changes must be made to keep your company IT infrastructure safe.
Get accurate results with our accurate real-world simulated penetration testing cyber security services.
Too often most of the organizations take a narrow, susceptible approach to cybersecurity problems, but we understand and implement our services and solutions keeping in mind that every attack is different and also needs to be approached in a different way every time. And thus working with our client’s hand in hand and helping them to block hackers and intruders in the most proactive manner and help them to protect their IT assets and also prevent loss of significant data.
Types of penetration testing service's we provide:
- Infrastructure pen testing.
- External Network pen testing.
- Internal Network pen testing.
- Against OWASP top 10 pen testing.
- Wireless network pen testing.
- Web application pen testing.
- Mobile application pen testing.
- Social Engineering.
VAPT is a systematic process that follows procedural steps they are:
- Deciding which of the systems and applications are to be tested and the method of testing to be employed. To receive inputs on the overall scope and technical details of the system/application that needs to be tested.
- Gathering the data.
- Identifying the vulnerabilities in the system/application.
- Our experts would attempt to gain access to the system/application or to check if they can compromise the system. If gained access, they would estimate how long they would remain undetected and also measure the extent of damage they could incur.
- Detailed documentation on the VAPT test performed.
Benefits of VAPT
As a well-established cyber security penetration testing company, we can assure you that the following are the benefits of performing a VAPT,
- It provides an internal assessment of your networks, applications ( Web & Mobile) and any other external devices. Before being compromised and falling prey to any hostile members who are looking to do harm or compromise/steal your data/system.
- Opportunity to understand the security flaws in the system.
- Complete visibility of the threats your application/network face.
- Secures your data and system form both insider and outside attacks.
- Prevents data breaches and unknown access.
- Mandatory for achieving compliance standards.
- Keeps your organization safe from cyber attacks.
Why should you conduct penetration testing for your web applications and network?
Even while posing the strongest and most rigid safeguards in place for your organization, vulnerabilities do exist, since as software have newer version every other week, even the modus of operation of the hacker’s changes every other day since they are actively looking for vulnerabilities and change their attack method in parallel with the existing safeguards in place for your application or network.
Penetration testing also commonly known as ethical hacking on the other hand is an authorised cyber attack which involves exploiting a vulnerability in a system to find if unauthorised access or malicious activity is possible.
Performing a penetration testing on a regular basis is not only a smart business practice but also helps the organisation to improve their overall security, protect customer loyalty,reduce network downtime, test your cyber defence capability and also it is a requirement for most organisations to be compliant with the regulatory bodies like PCI, GDPR, ISO, HIPAA, SWIFT (CSP), Cyber Essentials, Cyber Essentials Plus.
OWASP penetration testing
What is OWASP pentesting?
OWASP pentesting is a standard. A methodology which was developed as part of the Open Web application security Project (OWASP). It primarily focuses on testing only the core testing phases of the web application.
It suggests and recommends security assessments of web applications as well as their development stack, which will also include the webserver configuration on a black-box testing approach.
Typical OWASP testing engagement flowchart
The top ten security consents outlined and covered in the OWASP standard.
- Broken Authentication.
- Sensitive data exposure.
- XML External entities (XEE).
- Broken access control.
- Security misconfiguration.
- Cross-site Scripting.
- Insecure Deserialization.
- Using components with known vulnerabilities.
- Insufficient logging and monitoring.
Why include OWASP standards in your security policy?
OWASP is recommended as it will identify the most common and important vulnerabilities present in the applications. As well it widely used and implemented as standard for almost all policies and corporations worldwide in additional to other of security pentesting.
IoT penetration testing service.
What is IoT?
IoT is a set of hardware and software working in sync with any interrelated computer devices, mechanical, automotive and digital machines or any other hybrid machinery provided with a unique identity and the capability to transfer knowledge /data over a small or large network without requiring human to human or human to computer interaction.
What is IoT testing?
An IoT penetration testing is the assessment and exploration of any hardware and software which includes interrelated computer devices, mechanical, automotive and digital machines or any other hybrid machinery making them more secure from unauthorised access.
The architecture of the IoT devices can be categories into :
- Embedded devices
- Firmware, software and applications.
- Communication .ie Sensors.Sensitive data exposure.
Typical IoT testing engagement flowchart:
Red team Assessment service
What is the red team Assessment?
Red team assessments are similar to penetration testing in many ways but it is more targeted. The engagement is not to find many vulnerabilities as possible but to test the organization’s detection and response capabilities in an all-out attempt to gain access to a system by any means necessary and usually includes penetration testing, physical breaches, testing of phone lines, modem lines, testing all wireless, RF systems at physical access points within the organization and will also include testing your employees through multiple scripted social engineering and multiple phishing tests which will be your own active anti-advanced persistent threat system.
Benefits of red team assessment :
- It will outline if any critical data is at risk and how easily it might be obtained in case of any type of cyberattack.
- It will help identify risks of attack against your organization information assets.
- Test the internal security of your organization including your inhouse security team’s ability to prevent, detect and respond in a controlled and safe environment.
- It will help you identify and mitigate complex vulnerabilities before an attacker exploits them. Get fact-based risk assessment and analysis with recommendations for improving your security posture.
Industries we support
Construction & Real Estate
Consumer, Entertainment, Retail
Education & Nonprofit
Healthcare & Life Sciences
Manufacturing & Distribution
Technology & Software
What We Offer
Information Security Services
Complete Security Configuration
We provide detailed analysis and verification of the configuration settings of your IT infrastructure to detect vulnerabilities and report on fixes to be implemented.
Ready to see how RootFloe can help?
Need a hand with your security program? Let our cyber security experts help.